American Rare Coin & Gold provides appraisals at our shop, in your home, bank, or at other locations on request.
- GIA Level Diamond Appraisal
- Precious Metal Analyzer - we use the latest technology to inspect and value your jewelry and gold.
- Knowledge and expertise to grade your coins accurately
- Tools and experience to guarantee you get paid what your valuables are really worth.
- Free appraisals on US coin collections
- Privacy and security for larger appraisals or upon request
The Appraisal Process
- Sort through coins - organize by value
- Grade and price rare coins separately
- Analyze valuables to determine the precise amount of gold, silver, or other precious metals - and show you the results
- Determine weight in grams - not pennyweight. Weigh all items in your presence - you can see the scale
- Provide you with a detailed written quote
To make sure you are getting the best appraisal possible, watch for these 10 items:
- Does the appraiser have extensive knowledge and expertise?
- Does the appraiser use the most efficient tools and equipment for determining the correct gold or silver content?
- When the appraiser responds to questions, is it with detail and respect - or is he/she preoccupied?
- Does the appraiser show you what each item sold for on e-bay?
- Do other customers feel the appraiser was honest and has ethical business practices?
- Does the appraiser belong to professional industry trade organizations that demand high ethical standards?
- Does the appraiser leave the room with your valuable, to check gold content or diamond clarity, for example?
- Is the appraiser organized and detailed?
- Does the appraiser provide you a written price for each item?
- Is the appraiser in good standing with the Better Business Bureau?
To make sure you are getting the best prices for your valuables, it is always a good idea to get a second opinion.