Buy and Sell Silver

We Buy Silver

Best silver prices - we pay more than any of our local competitors for many silver items.  


  American Eagles

All Government Made Silver

  90% Junk Silver

Old Morgan Silver Dollars

  Old Peace Silver Dollars

  Scrap Silver

  Silver Bars & Rounds

  Generic Silver

  JM & Engelhard Bars and Rounds


Bring your silver in today for a free appraisal.

WE BUY SILVER COINS, BULLION and STERLING JEWELRY.

Want to sell silver coins or sell silver jewelry?  Get a free appraisal.


We buy silver bullion.


We buy commemorative silver coins.  


We buy silver dollars.


We buy silver jewelry.


We buy sterling and scrap silver. 


Top prices for silver always.

Find out more - Call now

Fun Notes About Silver

1 ounce of silver equals 480 grains of silver.

  A single grain of silver has been pressed to form a sheet thinner than the average sheet of notebook paper.  

One ounce of silver has been made into a wire stretching 8000 feet!


Have you heard the saying “born with a silver spoon in his mouth?”  

That saying harks back to a time when children lucky enough to be fed using silver spoons were believed to be healthier than other youngsters.  

Silver was used to prevent infection during World War 1 and still is used by alternative medicine today to fight cold viruses.

Silver As An Investment

Silver is a precious metal used historically as currency, in religious ceremonies, for healing and for decoration.  Today silver plays a vital role in electronics, automobiles, photography, medicine and coins.


Silver has long been considered a symbol of wealth.  First used as money around 700BC, silver was considered legal tender in the U.S. as early as 1785.  Coins in the U.S. contained 90% silver until 1965.


Today, silver makes up part of many investment portfolios and often outperforms gold.  The relatively low price of silver makes it a favorite with beginning investors.


We sell silver.  Let us help you get started adding silver to your investment portfolio or to enjoy in your home.  


Want to get started investing in silver?  Come by to see the silver we have in stock.

Silver Price

Silver price or Spot Price fluctuates with the market.  The February 15 2019 spot price for silver was $15.82 per ounce. 


The highest recorded price for silver was about $50.00 per ounce in January 1980.


Silver prices have historically been expressed as a ratio to gold prices.  Romans set the price at 12 ounces of silver to one ounce of gold.  By 1792 in the U.S. the ratio was set by law at 15 ounces of silver to one ounce of silver.  During the 20th century the price ratio was about 47:1 worldwide.  


Silver bullion is often the least expensive way to buy silver.  Silver coins or bars can be purchased from dealers with a premium or mark up of 20% or more above the spot price – but government minted coins carry a higher premium.  



Get an estimate of the value of your silver items

Silver Terms

Some Interesting Silver Terms


Silver bullion – .999+ pure silver formed into bars, coins, ingots or rounds.  


Sterling Silver refers to material made of 92.5% pure silver.  The other 7.5% includes other precious metals like copper. 


“Fine Silver” is more pure – at least 99.9% silver – but is too soft for uses like jewelry or silverware.


Britannia silver is a softer alloy than sterling.  Made of 95.8% silver plus 4.2% copper, Britannia silver is used for jewelry and silverware. 


Mexican silver also is softer than sterling, made of 95% silver and 5% copper.


Alpaca silver refers to an alloy of non-precious metals.  Alpaca silver is a misnomer – it really isn’t silver at all